Here we will tell you some of the things you need to know if you want to get married in Las Vegas.
Where to get married
Besides the hundreds of chapels that are located around the city, all the major hotels have their own altars to celebrate weddings. Most of the chapels offer both traditional and themed weddings (religious and civil).
Although traditional weddings do take place in Vegas, it is much more common to see themed, quirky weddings.
Only in Vegas can you marry Elvis, get hitched in a helicopter or cruising on Lake Mead, or even have a nudist wedding.
How much does it cost to get married in Las Vegas?
Although it is possible to get married in Las Vegas for less than $150, it is normal to pay around $300 for a traditional wedding, which includes the use of the chapel, the ceremony, the flowers, the photograph and collection from the hotel in a limousine.
If you want a themed wedding in which you marry Elvis, the cost will be slightly more than the traditional option. More dramatic options, such as taking a helicopter ride to get married in the Valley of Fire, will see significantly higher prices.
- Both the bride and groom must be over the age of 18 years old. Children under the age of 18 years must be accompanied by an adult or legal guardian if they want to attend the wedding.
- The price of the wedding license is $55.
- If you want the marriage to be legally recognized and valid in other countries you must pay $10 for the ceremony and $20 for the certificate.
- The offices where you can obtain the licenses (Clark County Marriage Bureau) is found at 201 Clark Avenue and opens from 8 am in the morning until 12 am at night.
Advice and information
- Language: Most of the chapels hold weddings in a range of languages.
- Duration: The average duration of Las Vegas wedding ceremonies is half an hour. If you want to contract more time for the ceremony, you can do so at the chapel.
- The most popular days: Valentines Day and New Year's are the most popular days for weddings in Las Vegas. We recommend you do not plan a wedding for these days.
- Wedding dress: Most people hire a wedding dress once in Las Vegas. The nature of these express ceremonies means that most people feel it is unnecessary to purchase such an expensive item.
- Witnesses: If you and your partner are unaccompanied in Vegas, then the chapel has will provide its own witnesses for your wedding.
Reserve your wedding with us!
Whether you want to get married in Vegas, or simply want to see an Elvis themed ceremony just for fun, you can do it by booking with Civitiatis.