In the Black Canyon of the Colorado River, on the border between Nevada and Arizona, you'll find one of the world's most impressive feats of engineering. Discover the incredible Hoover Dam on this half-day trip from Las Vegas.
Hoover Dam Half-Day Trip Itinerary
After being picked up from your hotel in Las Vegas at 8 am, you'll set off for the Hoover Dam. Relax during the approximately 37-mile journey on the comfortable air-conditioned bus.
Located in the Colorado River's Black Canyon, this megastructure, named after U.S. President Herbert Hoover, was built during the Great Depression in the 1930s. Learn all about the complex construction process on board with an audiovisual presentation - taking in the creation of the dam, designed to prevent flooding as well as its production of hydroelectric power provision of irrigation water. An incredible project for its time, using unproven techniques and involving the effort of thousands of workers, the Hoover Dam was unbelievably completed on time and in budget.
You'll also hear all about the power station's enormous generators in the turbine room, discovering how the dam still to this day provides power and water to millions of people across Nevada, Arizona and parts of California.
For the finishing touch on your half-day tour, head up to the Lake Mead viewpoints to enjoy spectacular views of the Hoover Dam, the Colorado River and the surrounding rocky desert typical of the southwestern United States. As you admire the stunning scenery, see if you remember the Hoover Dam's starring role in a number of movies filmed here, including Superman, San Andreas and Transformers.
From here, you'll return to your hotel in Las Vegas for about 12 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adult||Under 2 years old|
Under 2 years oldFree
4 hours 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in English.
Pick up and drop off at hotel.
Transport by air conditioned bus.
English speaking guide.
Entrance to the Hoover Dam.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Bookings are permitted up until 10 hours before the activity as long as there are still places.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Yes (imperative to point out when the booking is made).